.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

All Pinzur, All The Time

Friday, August 13, 2004

America West: Sucks or Blows?

Explain something to me:

America West canceled my 9 p.m. flight to Vegas early this morning, citing weather concerns from Hurricane Charley (which is going to beat the crap out of West Florida, but not have much impact here). Because they're blaming the weather, they won't refund my ticket, but they also can't rebook me on anything until at least late Saturday night - by which time there'd be little point in flying Vegas.

On United, on the same day, from the same airport (Fort Lauderdale), my wife has a 4 p.m. flight to Chicago. It leaves right on time.

So my vacation gets canceled, leading one of my friends to cancel his vacation (he doesn't know anyone else in the group of guys going to Vegas).

Therefore, America West, I salute you with a great upraised middle finger.

2 Comments:

  • Oh Shit man... That sucks!

    American West did the same damn thing to me a while ago when I was going to Vegas from Co. Springs. They had a broken plane, so they canceled my flight that night. Next day when I get there at 7am. Guess what? Another broken plan (not the same one).

    I wrote a long nasty letter. They did send me $400 voucher though.

    It's not worth it. I'm never flying them again.

    By Blogger Pup, at 7:01 PM  

  • America Worst canceled my 407 p.m. flight on Thursday out of Las Vegas to Chicago and moved it to 5:45p.m. that day. I showed up at the airport at 4:00 pm to check in and they told me I missed the flight, even though it wasn't leaving until 5:45 p.m. They claim you still have to check in prior to the original departure time. First time I heard that one. When I asked them what I was suppose to do, they told me they would put me on a flight Sunday and it would cost me nearly $600.00 for the full fare plus $100.00 ticket change fee. Of course I said go screw yourself and booked a flight on American the next day for half the price. Thanks for leaving me stranded in the airport for nearly twenty four hours. Of course they wouldn't do anything for me even though it was their fault. I hope they go out of business soon.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home