.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

All Pinzur, All The Time

Monday, January 10, 2005

Underrated Film? Cause the Man is keeping him down....

This weekend I saw the movie, Undercover Brother, for the first time. I remember seeing preivews for it, but never saw it. And since Big Pinz and Lady Pinz got me a two month subscription to Netflix for my birthday, I have been seeing movies I had not ever really thought about seeing before and seeing randoms. Undercover Brother falls into the latter category. I would put him at the Martin Lawrence level of comedy. Plus, Doogie Howser, M.D. is in the movie working for the Brotherhood, as a white intern for the black group thanks to affirmative action. Dave Chappelle is in the movie as the Conspiracy Brother. Charlie Sheen's wife and unbelieveably hot Denise Richards plays "The Man's" ultimate weapon to a black man, a white woman. Chris Kattan, formery of NBCs S.N.L., plays the lead villain as Mr. Feather. There are two great cameos in this movie of the Godfather of Soul, James Brown, and former Colt 45 spokesman and Lando Calrissian himself, Billy Dee Williams. Williams was a decorated general and was going to run for presidency when "The Man" hires Mr. Feather to control William's mind and to make him not run for president but to announce that he was starting a chain of Fried Chicken Restaurants callef GFC (General's Fried Chicken).

The infamous Cat Fight between Richards and Aunjanue Ellis (Sistah Girl) is some of movie history's greatest moments. Ok, maybe that is a bit extreme, but the scene is truly hot. Hilarious stuff.

I think I laughed my way through the whole movie with sterotypes galore that is only permitted these days in your own home, under the sheets with the lights off. There and out of Rev. Al Sharpton's mouth. But, honestly, one of the funniest movies I have seen in quite some time. If you are looking for a surprisingly funny movie, this is the one to get your hands on. I give it two picks and one fro' up.

1 Comments:

  • Much as I hate to admit this, I agree with my little brother... Undercover Brother was a really fun, goofy movie.

    I will now hide my face in shame.

    By Blogger Big Pinz, at 11:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home