.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

All Pinzur, All The Time

Friday, May 20, 2005

Danny Tanner: XXX

A story in Slate contained a link to this profile of Bob Saget, which originally ran in the New York Observer. I urge you to read it, right now. It contains the following passage:

In comedy circles, there’s a famous Saget story about the night his first daughter was born. After a very difficult birth, during which Sherri Saget and her baby almost died, a friend showed up to find Mr. Saget looking utterly destroyed, unshaven, unrecognizable, but holding his newborn.

“Oh my God, Bob, she’s beautiful,” the friend said.

“For a dollar, you can finger her,” Mr. Saget replied.

“This story continually comes back to me,” he said, groaning. “Oh boy, I was a wreck, and I was just operating on whatever sick mode I’m always in anyway. I don’t remember, but I don’t think a dollar is enough money for something that crosses the line that much. I would have said $5.


Yes, it's the same Bob Saget. Yes, he's evidently really that fucked up. No, I don't think he ever got with the Olson twins. Yes, I'm sure he tried.

I'm also predicting that the documentary discussed in the profile, The Aristocrats, will be huge when it's released this summer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home