.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

All Pinzur, All The Time

Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Another reason to avoid Wal-Mart

As if barefoot shoppers and the persistent stench of mediocrity wasn't enough...

Elderly driver runs over 2 at Wal-Mart

Concidentally, I was at a Wal-Mart for the first time in probably five or six years this morning. I decided to have laser eye surgery next week, so I can't wear my contact lenses anymore. But I also can't drive outside without sunglasses, so I needed to buy those ultra-hip clip-on shades to wear over my regular glasses.

So it goes without saying that I am looking HOT.

But I am pretty psyched about the procedure. Instead of getting LASIK, which I guess lots of doctors are phasing out, I'm getting something called PRK. It's similar to LASEK - fewer complications and better results than LASIK.

The only real downside is the recovery period: I'll probably be uncomfortable and nearly blind from the time the procedure ends next Thursday until the following Monday or Tuesday, around four days. Still, my mom just had it done, as have a few other reporters here at the Herald, and they're all very happy with it.

I've worn glasses since I was 7 or 8 and contacts since I was 10 or 11. My prescription is really strong: -8.5 in one eye, -7.75 in the other, so I'm about 20 minutes from selling pencils on the sidewalk.

I'll try and blog a little after the procedure to give you a sense of what it feels like.

3 Comments:

  • You are claiming that you look worse now than you did with contacts. Dude, you could add a pocket protector and not look any different with your jeans and sport coat on in the middle of an 80* day in Miami. Alex Keaton from Family Ties would like his look back, Big Pinz. If anything, the clip-ons can only help you.

    By Blogger Little Pinz, at 9:37 AM  

  • Jeans and Sport Coat is a Pinzur trademark. Ask The Mant how I told him to recognize Big Pinz in the LA airport before they had ever met: "He's this tiny little guy who'll be wearing jeans and a sport coat and have his cell phone clipped to his belt." Worked like a charm!

    By Blogger LiAps, at 10:56 AM  

  • I have *never* worn a cellphone clipped to my belt. That's why I wear the sport coat - more pockets.

    By Blogger Big Pinz, at 11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home